snowl 0.2 : Feeds , Twitter and Web Surf simultaneously

Are you an Twitter addict? and is it preventing you from surfing web? Then this is for you. snowl 0,2 allows messaging and surfing web simultaneously. On 06 Aug 2008 Mozilla Labs introduced snowl.The main intention was to enable web browser help you follow and participate in online discussions.
Snowl is an experiment to answer that question. It’s a prototype Firefox extension that integrates messaging into the browser based on a few key ideas:
1. It doesn’t matter where messages originate. They’re alike, whether they come from traditional email servers, RSS/Atom feeds, web discussion forums, social networks, or other sources.
2. Some messages are more important than others, and the best interface for actively reading important messages is different from the best one for casually browsing unimportant ones.
3. A search-based interface for message retrieval is more powerful and easier to use than one that makes you organize your messages first to find them later.
4. Browser functionality for navigating web content, like tabs, bookmarks, and history, also works well for navigating messages.The initial prototype of snowl supports two sources of messages: RSS/Atom feeds (like Google Reader) and Twitter. Initially they provided two interfaces for reading them.
First, a traditional three-pane “list” view :
















Second, a “river of news” view

















Yesterday Mozilla Labs released snowl 0.2 with a new stream view for keeping track of messages in a sidebar while you do other things, the ability to send tweets, and support for multiple Twitter accounts.





















 





Warning: Snowl is in an early development stage with many bugs, and subsequent versions may include changes that break functionality and delete all your messages, making you start over from scratch.

9 comments:

  1. Hi friend.. Nice post.. Visit my blog and post your comments.. I have added you to my blog roll.. Hope you too will do the same.. Also i am following your blog.. Hope the same from you... Take care... Keep in touch mate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog mate. Really useful info. keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, nice blog!
    i have added your blog in my list. If you like my blog please link me back!

    Thanks and Regards,
    -gans.
    http://cute-pictures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a pretty good tool. I have tried it and use it on occasion. Worth a look.

    The Blogger Source

    ReplyDelete
  5. ur blog is so nice!By the way at your free time try to visit my site.I'll also visit yours often.I'll add you in my blogroll as soon as you visit mine.Hope you'l visit soon.
    my url is satya.friendzworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not much of a Twitter person so all I can say is I loved the artwork of snowl. It is one cool owl!

    ReplyDelete